Can you believe we are almost ready for our Topping Out ceremony? The Topping Out Ceremony commemorates the structural completion of the facility. Save the date for September 25th from 3-5pm. An invite will go out with all the details and we hope to see you and your family there!
September Construction Updates:
- Lower level structure – interior masonry is almost complete with partition walls
- All steel beams on south side are 100% installed
- Starting rebar on Sept 14th
- Cold form framing is getting ready to start
- Form and Pour Pool Equipment housekeeping pads will take place in September
- Backfill Pool permitter complete
- Installed plumbing for future drains
- Pour structural slab the week of September 7
- Steel joyce is painted and coming to site
- Crawl space and electricians are beginning to rough in the crawl space
- Begin putting in support for air conditioning, fire and sprinkler
- Tall exterior concrete walls 98% completed and will be complete by 10/1
- Pouring pool structural slab 9/7
- Water truck onsite full time to combat dust – water morning, lunch and evening to keep it down
- Curb and gutter is done and asphalt is poured
- Masonry walls and portion walls in the locker rooms are being completed
Wow look at the pool! You can see the pool take shape as it goes from 4ft to 8ft deep on the west side of the building.
Below are the construction updates for August:
- Curb and gutter – East parking lot 1 is ready for asphalt
- West parking lot is 100% done, working on entrance and pouring the rest of it
- Starting on east entrance right on schedule
- Pouring retaining wall footings – starting to form the wall up
- Backfill the tall concrete walls – is the last piece for the tall walls
- Grade beams ahead of schedule
- Structural – Steel has started set columns and steel beams east side and south side
- Knocking welds out and doing fine
- Big concrete pour 8/3 and 8/10
- Masonry walls – slab on deck will be poured
- Pool perimeter masonry walls are completed – west wall with the windows is up and in place.
- Moving to the North Masonry wall next once completed they move on to main level steel
- Will be ready for main level steel 9/7/20
- Main level structure – set steel beams east side by 9/7
- Pool walls are all poured
- Building tile beds and piping and backfill on the pool
- Overall schedule is going well especially on the critical path items.
Come watch construction take place on the new Wheatlands YMCA Recreation Center. A viewing platform has been constructed on the outside of the safety fence located on Wheatlands Parkway. The viewing platform allows you to see over the construction fence and watch as the building transforms. The platform faces what will be the main entrance to the building. So next time you are strolling by, feel free to stop, climb the stairs and watch the construction progress.
Here are some of the highlights on the construction:
Curb and gutter started – 50% of it in place for parking lot
Foundation is complete and we have all of the concrete poured!
Masons – 55% complete, finish structural masonry walls before steel shows up.
Pool slab poured
Starting to go vertical and putting up the masonry wall and vertical with steel
Something to look for at the site – If you see yellow and red barriers you will know what they mean. The yellow barrier is approach with caution and enter with caution for our construction teams. The red barrier is do not enter zone. These zones are marked off for safety especially as we have flying steel and the crane over the building.
Storm water – City of Aurora conducting weekly inspections passing and doing well
Curb gutter and asphalt – Starting next week we are working on the entrances starting with West entrance and then do the East entrance. It will be a week long activity, the following week will do the East one.
Grade beams- pouring our very last piece of grade beam for the north side of pool. Everything else is poured out – elevator shaft, sheer walls , etc
Foundation insulation drainage pour and perimeter drain coming into completion by the end of the week.
Steel Activity will be the next major activity – we will begin with East side wall and then do Southside beams
Perimeter pool masonry – starting early on July 13th
Submitted pool equipment RFI this week – scoreboards, tip and roll bleachers, French drain, starting block anchors, pool equipment etc.
Look at all the progress from May until June! The project is staying on track and on schedule.
Tall concrete walls are 84% completed.
Foundations are 63% complete into the perimeter drain.
Working on the next round of grade beams and are at 21% completed.
Pool structure – 10% completed – underground plumbing in pool 80% done.
Gas phone and internet – ADP is boring from south east corner of the site
Rebar is being drilled
We had a few rainy days onsite and stormwater draining is working effectively and continues to pass inspection.
Community Involvement – Viewing platform is being created next week and will be up the week of June 22nd. Residents are welcome to stop by the site and watch the construction from the viewing platform.